Are you looking for an MBA program? Well, if you are, then have you considered MBA from Singapore. Are you having trouble with the application program? Not to worry, read about 4 most unavoidable mistakes. It will benefit you in winning the admission to B-Schools with ample of advantages and a hall ticket for a bright future.
Singapore's education system is one of the best education systems in the world. The focus is on the importance of education innovation with other parameters such as quality education, holistic growth, value for money, safety and security. Above all, it gives you a chance to work in the country after the completion of education and an internationally-recognized degree at affordable costs.
This makes the country the best in the world.
WHY MBA HERE?
"Pursuing an MBA degree is not about good getting good grades, but also about how well you utilize your time to explore!" which opens doors to a global arena of opportunities.
Singapore is a business education destination offering a wide range of MBA opportunities and sustainable career prospects. Professionals looking to play the role of aspiring managers because of its high-quality education, affordable courses, and the presence of a robust economy.
In addition to the above, the country is a perfect blend of east and west, the mode of communication is English, Global and Multicultural Exposure and Great Career Prospects. Students can choose from hundreds of MBA courses, offered in the country by all kinds of institutions of higher education.
Read about MBA degree in Canada without GMAT score.
Students selecting Singapore as their preferred destination for MBA have two options, one to opt for the classic MBA Degree, centers around general management or selects a more unconventional choice and opts for specialized MBA Programmes, expand to the niche industry such as healthcare management, consulting and logistics to name a few. The very fact that students can choose from such a vast array of MBA courses, has put Singapore on the global education map.
Modes of Teaching
Singapore Universities offer to learn modes to individuals as per their preferences/ employment status. Accordingly, there are four types of teaching/ learning modes:
- Regular Classroom Programmes
- Distance Education Programmes
- Fast-track Programmes
- Online Learning Programmes
Eligibility/Requirements for pursuing MBA
1. Candidates must have three to four years of work experience (may vary according to university).
2. International students and non-native English speakers need to present their TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores
3. IELTS score should be 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the sub-tests of speaking, listening, reading and writing and TOEFL score should be 580 (paper-based test) or 237 (computer-based test)
NOTE: TOEFL/IELTS scores are required only for those applicants who have not done their undergraduate studies in English.
READ ABOUT MBA IN CANADA WITHOUT GMAT
4. Scores of GMAT or GRE (depending on the university)
5. Course Duration: The duration of the MBA program differs from university to university. Some B-schools have a course duration of two years (24 months) while others offer a 16-months MBA crash course. If you are applying for an MBA diploma, then the duration will be a minimum of one year.
6. The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of working experience to pursue an MBA in Singapore.
- A valid passport
- Complete application form with passport size photos
- Loan documents
- Financial documents
- Original and authentic transcripts of schools and/or college
- Statement of Purpose/ Essays as directed by the university
- Letters of Recommendation and Resume
- Scholarship Essay, if applicable
- Other supporting documents as asked by the university
Almost all Singapore universities offer an online application process. So, candidates can submit their application from easily following the instructions given below:
1. You need to apply for the application forms online and choose your program (you want to apply for) under the "Preference" section. If you are interested in applying for more than one MBA program, add another application under the “Manage Applications” section. You need to specify your preference and list it accordingly. For each MBA program, you have to choose and apply. There you will be provided a different application number. If you have chosen more than one MBA program, we will process the application according to your order of preference.
2.Applicants for the NUS-Peking University MBA (PKU) and the NUS-HEC Paris MBA (HEC) have to apply to both NUS and the respective partner universities. Students into the double degree programs are conditional on the applicant getting an admission offer from both NUS and the partner university. Applicants interested in the NUS MBA-Master in Public Policy (MPP) or the NUS MBA-Master in Public Administration (MPA) have to indicate their choice of a double degree in the “Preference” section for the MBA program.
NOTE- Do note that applicants for the NUS MBA-MPP or NUS MBA-MPA degrees are unallowed to have any specializations.
3. If you intend to apply for the NUS MBA Specialisation in Healthcare Management or Real Estate, you need to state a specialization preference. If you do not intend to specialize or you are choosing the other specializations (eg. Marketing, Finance or Strategy & Organisation, etc.), you do not need to indicate any specialisation in the online form.
4. You need to upload the following supporting documents (size limit: 10MB) as part of your online application:A copy of your resume , A copy of your undergraduate degree scroll ,A copy of your undergraduate degree transcripts/mark sheets (if you have),A copy of your Test Taker’s GMAT/GRE report,A copy of your IELTS/TOEFL report(if the medium of instructions for your undergraduate studies was not in English), A copy of your passport, NRIC or Employment Pass (upload only ONE that is applicable to you), A passport-sized photograph, A copy of your “Financial Supporting” documents (such as your latest payslip or bank account statement).
READ ABOUT MISTAKES TO AVOID IN MBA APPLICATION FORM
5. The official transcripts and attested copy of degree scroll for your application will be required after you are offered a place in the NUS MBA or its double degree programs. The official transcripts must be sent to NUS Business School directly from the University and the official transcripts must be in English.
6. You also need to submit your GMAT/GRE and TOEFL / IELTS results in the application portal under the “Other Tests” section. Your official score report must be sent to the NUS Business School directly. GMAT codes are DRT-MK-35 (Full Time MBA) or DRT-MK-59 (Part-Time MBA). The GRE DI code is 7539. TOEFL code is 9082 Department Code 02. The IELTS code is 0677.
7. Upload your financial supporting documents so that they may know how you are planning to finance your tuition fees and living expenses. You can use more than one financing option. The supporting documents required for the respective financing options are as follow:
i. Self-Sponsored – Bank account statements or latest income statement (endorsed by the company’s Finance or HR department) with an indication of your salary being credited to your name ii. Company-Sponsored – A Letter of Sponsorship by Company iii. Others – Documents that will support your financing option If you are unable to provide the above-mentioned documents, kindly provide a letter to state your financing options and the reasons for being unable to provide the financial supporting documents.
8. All applicants to the NUS MBA program have to complete three essay questions via the online application system. The word limit for each essay is 300 words. If you are a re-applicant to the NUS MBA Programmes, you will need to complete an additional re-applicant essay.
NOTE- You are only required to complete 1 set of essays regardless of the number of preferences you have indicated on your application form.
9. Then after you have to fill two referee reports to complete your application. The two referees can be your current employer, previous employer or corporate client. In the online application system, you are required to provide contact information about your referees. It is a piece of important information as it allows us to contact your referees. The email will contain information on how to access and submit the online referee report. Under the online application system, you could also initiate to send out the online referee form to your two referees before you complete your online application. The online referee form will only be valid for two weeks after you initiate to send out.
Two referee reports have to be submitted within the application deadlines.
10. Here, you have to ensure that ALL sections are completed before you submit the form. Once you click the submit button, your online application is submitted and no further changes can be made.
11. Your online applications will be reviewed and processed which will take between 6 to 10 weeks to process. Always state your Application Number when corresponding with the Admissions Team. You need to complete your application form honestly and submit all the required documents along with the form. You also need to pay a small amount as the application fee.
12. Keep an eye on the submission deadlines as the universities and try to submit the form as soon as possible and not wait till the last moment. Depending upon the university, interviews will be conducted either on-call or through other electronic means of communication.
13. You should have your student visa so that once you receive the admit letter, there is no delay in joining the university, else the admission can be forfeited.
The top MBA Universities in Singapore should be looked out on the following basis
1) Academic Reputation 2) Employee Reputation 3) Faculty Student Ratio 4) International Indicators 5) Citations per Faculty 6) Web Impact 7) Staff with Ph.D. to give you a good overview of the university strength.
Addition to this, the following is the name of some top universities:
1. National University of Singapore Business School
2 INSEAD - Asia Campus
3 Nanyang Technological University
4 Singapore Management University (SMU)
5 James Cook University - Singapore
6 Kaplan Singapore
7 SP Jain School of Global Management
8 Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
9 ESSEC Business School
10 Manchester Business School - Singapore
Tuition Fees for MBA
The average tuition fees for MBA in Singapore are about S$30000. It may vary from college/university ranging from $15000 to $100,000.
Prior to it, you should also have an idea about challenges you are going to face in an international university
Note: The MBA tuition fee does not determine the quality of the program. A low tuition fee can be for a really good program or course and vice versa. Depending on the quality of the college/university and the duration of the program, the tuition fee is determined.