Australia is a land of vibrant cities with exciting opportunities and employment rate which attract many people to work and settle in Australia. You may also search for opportunities in other countries namely, Finland, Canada, and Singapore
In order to be residing in Australia and to work on a permanent or temporary basis, you should apply for an appropriate visa. The person can either apply for Skilled Migration Visa or Nominated/Sponsored Work Visa. In fact you may looking for student visa process in New Zealand
Skilled Migration Visa is issued for foreign workers with designated skills required by the Australian labor market.
Nominated/Sponsored Work Visa is issued to foreign workers with designated skills who has been sponsored by the existing Australian employers, A State Authority or A government agency.
Read about Universities in Europe for Agriculture science with Spring Semester application deadlines
Though the requirements vary with the visa type, the general requirements are
- The age of the person should be under 45, when applying.
- English efficiency certification is to be provided. Ex: the required IELTS score.
- The occupation for which a person is nominated should be in the required Skilled Occupation list.
- The person's skills and experience for the occupation.
- The person's skill set should be assessed by the Australian assessing authority.
- The person should undergo a medical examination and health is assessed by a panel doctor.
- A character assessment is also required for applying work visa.
How to apply?
The application procedures for skilled and nominated visa is discussed below.
For skilled visa, the applicant need to submit an online Expression of Interest (EOI) on the SkillSelect. It is the online system to receive and process visa applications for skilled migration. The details on Skillselect will receive points such as age, language, educt, experience etc. If the applicant's profile is selected, the applicant will be nominated by the state territory or employer for Australian visa.
In this type, the applicant has to be sponsored by an approved sponsor such as employer or state territory or government agency. An online application can be submitted with the Transaction Reference Number or Application ID, if the employer approves to sponsor/nominate the candidate.
Usually the visa processing takes up 6 to 12 months but it can also be varied with the type of visa, verification of details provided, certification and clarification sought by the office if any.
The few visa categories to choose from is
Skilled migration visa
- Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Graduate Temporary visa (Subclass 485)
- Skilled Nominated or Sponsored visa (Provisional) (Subclass 489)
- Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
Other work visa categories
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124)
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400)
- Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401)
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403)
- Special Program visa (subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program
- Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420)
- Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
- Skilled-Recognized Graduate visa(subclass 476)
- Super yacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
- Business Owner visa (subclass 890)
- Investor visa (subclass 891)
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893)
- Maritime Crew visa (subclass 988)